Nancymtp

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Quest 8 Social Networking

Of course, I have heard a lot about MySpace and Facebook. Some have been concerns by patrons about the safety of such sites, but mostly the younger staff members here use these sites frequently and are often talking about their "friends." I recently heard on TV that a number of people were committing virtual suicide and closing out their MySpace accounts as they had grownup, or moved on to a new phase of their life and did not want some previous postings out their for their new friends or employers.

My daughter teaches computer technology to middle schoolers in the Upstate and she has been talking about these sites for the past few years and has conducted workshops for parents on internet safety.

I did read a number of the articles under the resources and found them helpful, especially the ones about Safety and Tweens and Teens.

I do not see me setting up a page using this social networking unless it would be for the children's department.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home