Nancymtp

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wikis

I have used Wikipedia occasionally when I could find nothing else on a subject and it usually has had some information, however, I would never suggest a student to use it in doing some research. I have mentioned it to adult patrons explaining what it is and not a reliable source.

I used the St. Joseph County Public Library subject guides and could not find things for children, but did find the cooking section fun. I liked seeing the covers and then checked to see if we had some of those titles in our system.

The Book Lovers Wiki was something I would use as a book club member and think this would be great if our system could start something like it. I saw reviews of books I've read and some that sounded worth reading. Again checked to see if we had the items in our system.

The Library Success Wiki had some great ideas for children's programs and can see us using it when doing some program planning.
I think wikis are very useful and something that the system could use for the calendar and program information.

I hope to try posting on a wiki, but haven't had time to do so yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home