Nancymtp

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

YouTube

I had not used YouTube or these type of sites for anything but looking at silly things, so was happy to see some things that might be useful. I did children's storytime sites and found books that are read some by the authors themselves. Below should be Mercer Mayer reading There's an Alligator Under my Bed.



It took me some time to do this last assignment, as computers with sound at our branch are at a premium and there are a number of us doing techtrek, but more importantly the computer is mostly used by staff doing branch work, like book drop, schedules, and shipment/send item list.

I think we will be seeing this used to promote a variety of library programs and one site I visted, nextvista.org, had students actually doing projects, teaching lessons to other students.

Podcasts
Again this was a little bit of a problem since my old computer would not accept the feeds and iTunes and some other sites were not able to be done on the computer I finally was able to use, since at work we don't have an account.

I did listen to some podcasts on children's lit entitled BookVoyages and it was very good reviewing both picture and juvenile books. The only problem was that nothing new had been added during this year. I also went ot Libvibe and heard some current library issues. I think this is another option to listening to the radio, when you can't find a station you like. I think libraries in the future will be using this to promote themselves and their programs. From a list serve I had read about gcast which is a free podcast and I am hoping to see if that is something we might want to use.

This has been a wonderful experience learning about all of this new technology and I would never have done all of it on my own, so this format was very worthwhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home